Format: Nintendo GameCubeTM
Launch Date: 09/19/05
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Strategy/Action
Accessories: Memory Card
Developed by Kuju Entertainment Ltd.
Battalion Wars blazes onto Nintendo GameCube with a platoon of real-time strategy (RTS) action. Whether players are hoofing it across the plains as a lone infantryman or commanding an entire platoon from atop an armored tank, the challenge is real and the mission is critical. There has never been a real-time strategy title like this before.
Command forces in the heat of battle, but beware. Clever enemy AI will adapt to every move.
Hop behind the wheel of multiple attack vehicles: Pilot jeeps, tanks, helicopters, airborne gunships, fighter jets, transport vehicles and more.
Take the fight to foes with a massive arsenal of weapons such as rifles, bazookas, flamethrowers, machine guns, mortars, rocket launchers and many others.
Countries will rise or fall based on players' tactics, and guiding troops has never been easier. Want to station forces on a ridge? Send a scout team to spy on the enemy? Charge headlong into the breach? Battalion Wars lets players do it all at the touch of a button.
Game Storyline: Dark days are rising at the end of the 21st century. What started as a border spat between the Western Frontier and the Tundran Territories has snowballed into a terrifying global conflict - one in which the armies have fought each other to a standstill. As their once-proud forces limp through the seemingly endless war, a despotic madman, Kaiser Vlad, seeks to take advantage of the stalemate and seize control of both nations.
The Kaiser is the former leader of Xylvania, which was annexed by the Western Frontier and Tundran Territories during their war. Deprived of his armies and thirsty for revenge, Vlad uses secret offshore accounts and unholy science to create a terrible army of super powerful, gas-breathing, Chemical Shock Troops.
When Vlad unleashes the warriors, it takes both superpowers by surprise. Weakened by their prolonged conflict and seemingly helpless against this new threat, the Frontier and Tundran armies form a desperate alliance in an attempt to repel the Kaiser. Can this new coalition use pluck and guile to overcome the forces of darkness, or will both nations fall under the boot heel of a madman?
The player-controlled Western Frontier forces are lead by General Herman and Colonel Austin. They are joined by Betty, who gives mission briefings, objective updates and helpful intel.
The Tundran army is commanded by Tzar Gorgi and Marshal Nova. Once bitter enemies of the Western Frontier, they have put aside old feelings to combat the Xylvanian menace.
The nefarious Xylvanian forces are lead by they power-hungry Kaiser Vlad. His right hand is the beautiful and deadly Countess Ingrid.
How to progress through the game: Battalion Wars contains more than 20 unique missions, each with a number of sub-quests and goals. Once in a mission, players can complete it any way they choose. Need to blow up a tank? Go the stealthy route and send a squad through the forest to ambush it from behind, or just hop into a tank and charge! Real-time strategy meets full-on action.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Most PC-based real-time strategy games have complicated controls, and translating them to consoles can be a challenge. Battalion Wars does a masterful job of making it simple, yet effective. A single button press summons troops, while a second sends them off to fight. Posting sentries, driving vehicles and accessing the all-important battlefield map is easy and intuitive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4