When you have four or so full priced games sitting in a pile, and you end up playing this one the most with a friend then you know something is right about this game. Seek and Destroy is old school tank fun and every Playstation 2 owner should own this game.
The storyline of Seek and Destroy is as follows. The year is 2010, and CQ a conglomerate company is taking over townships at will. Basically your join up with a tank squadron who are tasked with defeating the conglomerate company who have taken over your friendly towns. Once liberated these towns assist with many options. You can use a helicopter to fly to other townships you have taken back, save your game, or customise the tank that you use during the game.
Options such as machine guns, rocket launchers and even rockets to fly can be added to your default model of tank. Seek and Destroy also gives you the option of choosing from around twenty tanks when first starting out, each based on real world models such as the Sherman and M1 Abrahms.
The customization options don’t end with weapons. You can also buy items such as computers to improve the auto aim feature of the tank and gears to improve the turret rotation speed. Choosing wisely when upgrading your tank can assist greatly in completing missions especially when coming up against boss characters such as a hovering plane/tank which is encountered about four or five missions into the game.
During the course of the game’s 20 missions you will encounter various tank squadrons. Players take command of a small tank and cruise through the battlefield trying to defeat the enemy with the help of squad team mates. Other objectives can include destroying targets before a timer runs out, or rescuing a commander who has been taken prisoner by the enemy.
One thing that is really interesting about Seek and Destroy is the developers have somewhat humanised the tanks. They can talk to each other in town and give orders or help to each other. This may seem strange but when you see the way the game is built it seems perfect. RPG elements come across during this game and fans of RPG titles may take a strong liking to this game, especially with the customization factor.
A museum feature is also available for fans of tanks and military units. The museum features detailed information on all the tanks featured in the game coming from the United States, Germany, Russia, Britain and others. However you can not view the tanks until you have unlocked them by completing missions in the storyline.
Seek and Destroy has graphics which are more on the level of a Playstation 1 game, but this game is a credit to the “Gameplay over Graphics” philosophy. People who ditch this game just because it doesn’t look all that great are missing out.
Seek and Destroy is good old school fun. If you have a few spare notes in your wallet then this game definitely deserves your attention. Single player is great but multiplayer is even better. It’s a shame co-op mode is not included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB