Automatic and Semi Automatic Weapons
In Vice City, the goal was to ensure that all the weapons fit with the 80s, such as submachine guns similar to those made famous during the decade or a short-barreled, pistol-grip shotgun reminiscent of ones used by 80s action stars. There are a variety of submachine guns available for drive-by shootings, and as with usage in real life, each gun's range, accuracy, rate of fire, and damage dealt varies accordingly. Some of the weapons are available from the get-go, although these are far from the most powerful. As you gain access to other portions of the map, you'll find Ammu-Nations stocking the higher-caliber weaponry.
Also, you may come across any of the weapons tucked away in the more concealed areas of the city. Tommy can only carry one of each weapon type, so there's a natural limit in place, though the automatics fall into different categories so Tommy can carry a few different automatic weapons of different types at once. The reload time plays a factor in gunplay, and is different for each weapon.
This is an area of the game where Rockstar North have really gone out of their way to give you some fun toys to play with. While the game still features the tried and true baseball bat, you'll now also find golf clubs, brass knuckles, screwdrivers, and meat cleavers and more to have...
Some of the weapons are best suited for slashing and stabbing, while others are designed for bludgeoning. There are a few instances during missions when you're better off using a melee weapon. But, as with nearly everything Grand Theft Auto, you can decide your own approach, and the city and its inhabitants will react accordingly. Tommy can string together combo attacks with some of the weapons. With the katana, for example, you can perform a three-step attack involving two lateral slashes followed by a deadly stabbing attack. As you might imagine, anyone unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of this typically doesn't survive.
Nearly all of the melee weapons can be purchased at local hardware stores. In Vice City you might also come across a melee weapon someone has stashed away. Keep your eyes peeled for Apartment 3c; Rockstar North have placed a treat for the exploring player. Mr. Vercetti also has quite a number of effective hand-to-hand attacks, but using a melee weapon almost always produces quicker results, though there is a certain satisfaction in taking someone down with just your hands, especially with the brass knuckles wrapped in your fist.
Targeting and FPS
New to the PC version is a full keyboard and mouse control scheme that should make PC gamers feel at home. Tommy now strafes and backpedals while the mouse controls the camera behind his head. Some weapons can only be fired while stationary, for example high-powered automatic rifles, submachine guns, and a number of the heavier weapons. While weapons such as the rocket launcher and sniper rifles can only be fired from first person perspective. With any of these weapons equipped you simply press and hold the right mouse button to enter the first-person firing mode. A good number of the lighter guns can be fired while running, though your accuracy won't be as good as if you were standing still.
If you choose to play in what's called classic mode on the PC (the control mode featured in the console version) Vice City's targeting indicator is clear and straightforward. Once locked-on two circles appear over the target, the outer circle is red while the inner circle is blue. The inner blue circle provides an indication of the weapon's accuracy. A tight blue circle appears when using one of the more accurate weapons, and a larger circle will appear when using less accurate weaponry.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Lethal Weapon' series reloads for TV
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog