Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced the release of Far Cry, a new first-person-shooter game. With an emphasis on tactics and action with a spectacular use of graphical and environmental details, Far Cry is planned for a worldwide release on PC CD-ROM in late 2003.
In Far Cry, the player finds himself abducted and taken to a group of beautiful islands in Polynesia where he finds sun, sea, sand and... sub-machineguns! Our unlikely hero soon finds himself fighting for survival against highly trained and heavily armed opponents, whilst becoming ever more embroiled in a deeper conspiracy.
"Considering the unique advanced technology, the amazing graphics and atmosphere of this new jewel, we have great expectations for this soon-to-be massive hit!" - Alain Corre, Managing Director for Europe, Asia Pacific and South America, Ubi Soft Entertainment. "It is already looking superb, and we have something very special in Far Cry to please most gamers in 2003".
In May of this year, restricted presentations were made to the press at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. The impression it left has already created considerable excitement amongst the gaming press, with IGN.com nominating the game for awards in "technical excellence", and PC Gamer reporting it being "Deeply Impressed" by "A gorgeous FPS with fast-paced tactical action". Press had previously been aware of the game under the working title X-Isle.
"With Far Cry, Crytek will enter into a new Dimension of the FPS Genre. With more tactical elements and far advanced AI, Far Cry will give the Player a total new feeling of Game Play." - Faruk Yerli Chief Marketing Officer Crytek.
Far Cry is being developed by the German Coburg based developing studio Crytek, who has set new standards in game production by utilising their own graphic technology - the CryENGINETM. The engine is capable of delivering realistic physics, stunning sound effects and a highly evolved enemy "team intelligence". Along with these considerable characteristics, it will also gather breathtaking visual effects.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design