Using ATI Tool, it was time to see what both Gigabyte graphics cards were capable of doing when it came to Overclocking.
With a default core and memory speed of 575/1380MHz DDR on the Radeon X1950PRO, we got a nice bump on the core to 654MHz but the memory only jumped to 1420MHz DDR.
The GeForce 7900GS on the other hand with its default clock speed of 525/1440MHz DDR got a healthy bump on both the core and memory. The core achieved a healthy 682MHz and the memory achieved an even healthier 1790MHz DDR which takes the speed well above what the Radeon X1950PRO is offering when we start talking about overclocking.
While we saw the GeForce 7900GS lag behind slightly in our default run, when it came to overclocking the huge jump that was achieved from the 7900GS propelled it well and truly into the lead.
We again see the huge overclock from the 7900GS make it stand out from the pack.
Finally we leave with PREY and while the Radeon X1950PRO gave us a weird result with a slight drop, the GeForce 7900GS continues to show its dominance when we overclocked the cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Radeon X1950PRO]
- Page 3 [GeForce 7900GS TurboForce]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched