At the heart of any true HTPC is the TV Tuner - the whole source and reason for the machine's existence.
From bitter experience, I can attest to the fact that regardless of how much money you spend on an HTPC system, if the tuner is a dodgy one then you may as well not have bothered. It needn't be a problem with the hardware itself - perhaps the software drivers are buggy or badly-implemented. Either way, it's a world of pain.
So in looking at what products out there might make a good addition to your Digital Lounge, we're looking at two TV tuners by Compro and supplied by Anyware in Australia - the VideoMate T100 Digital Terrestrial TV Tuner Card and the VideoMate U500 USB2.0 DVB-T Stick.
We'll put both of them through their paces and try and work out if they should be added to your HTPC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller