MSI 8800GTX Continued
With the box out of the way let's get onto what we are all here for, the card!
We have a new cooler design, which while might look loud, really isn't at all - it will take up two slots though, so keep that in mind. Each card is currently made by one person so apart from the sticker on the front, there isn't much difference.
Size wise you can see the GTS compared to the ATI Radeon X1950XTX is exactly the same unlike the new big brother the GTX that comes in a fair whack larger.
A closer look at the fan sees that it isn't our normal fins from the center design. We can also see to the right the single PCI express power connector for the card.
Moving to the back it is all very standard. But we can see the absolute bucket load of screws that are holding the large heatsink in place.
Quick peak at the top of the card lets us find the SLI connector that is hidden behind the big cooler.
Finally moving to the side of it we can see two DVI ports which both offer HDCP support and Dual Link DVI.
Overall the card looks are pretty standard; it doesn't offer some extraordinary size, multi-power connectors, three slots or anything like that. The massive heatsink fan practically covers the entire card and is very effective when it comes not only to noise but temperature as well. Good job nVidia - no dust buster here!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20