Coming towards the end of the year, if ATI decide to do what they did last year, we should begin to see some nice performance jumps in November and December driver releases.
To be completely honest as well they are going to need it with nVidia's G80 only a week away - they really need people with current model high-end ATI cards to feel that they still have an excellent performing graphics card that can be held out to the release of the R600 next year.
The only real issue we saw was that the X1900XT seemed to take a performance hit at the lower resolution in some situations. This shouldn't be a major issue since most people with these kinds of cards shouldn't be playing games at 1024 x 768.
It's a worthy update thanks to the support of the new cards being added and of course the Chuck patch no longer being needed for Oblivion players who have the hardware to support the game with HDR and AA enabled.
Till later this month, Happy Benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications