Coming towards the end of the year, if ATI decide to do what they did last year, we should begin to see some nice performance jumps in November and December driver releases.
To be completely honest as well they are going to need it with nVidia's G80 only a week away - they really need people with current model high-end ATI cards to feel that they still have an excellent performing graphics card that can be held out to the release of the R600 next year.
The only real issue we saw was that the X1900XT seemed to take a performance hit at the lower resolution in some situations. This shouldn't be a major issue since most people with these kinds of cards shouldn't be playing games at 1024 x 768.
It's a worthy update thanks to the support of the new cards being added and of course the Chuck patch no longer being needed for Oblivion players who have the hardware to support the game with HDR and AA enabled.
Till later this month, Happy Benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched