Quake 4 with SMP
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.2 (with SMP support)
Timedemo or Level Used: HardwareOC Timedemo
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.quake4game.com
Quake 4 is one of the latest new games to be added to our benchmark suite. It is based off the popular Doom 3 engine and as a result uses many of the features seen in Doom. However, Quake 4 graphics are more intensive than Doom 3 and should put more strain on different parts of the system.
When using the latest 1.2 patch with Quake 4, SMP (dual core) support is enabled and we are able to see what Vista does when this is enabled.
As we can see from the graph, there is barely any difference in performance between XP and Vista which is a good sign for gamers of Q4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Installation of Vista RC2]
- Page 3 [First impressions of Vista - The Good]
- Page 4 [First impressions of Vista - The Good Continued]
- Page 5 [First impressions of Vista - The Bad]
- Page 6 [XP Software Compatibility in Vista]
- Page 7 [Drivers - everything just works?]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Cinebench 9.5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4 with SMP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard makes changes to Overwatch S6 competitive mode
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience