Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3430MHz (or 381MHz FSB with 4:5 memory)
Motherboard(s): DFI Infinity 975X (Supplied by Bronet)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 476MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.8 and 6.9 and DX9c
Since we recently introduced the new test bed and we had to retest all our graphics cards again, we thought we would take the chance to upgrade the cards we use in our monthly Catalyst performance analysis articles.
We are moving the X1300 PRO to the new X1300XT, X1600PRO to new X1650PRO and X1900XT 512MB to the brand new X1950XTX. These will be featured from next month as long as Catalyst 6.10 supports all of these graphics cards.
Like we discussed though in our introduction we didn't have much joy with the latest release from ATI, so with a whole lot more testing we finally completed everything and here we are.
Read on for all the results!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
3DMark05 sees no difference across the board with the latest release of drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- 'Streets of Rage', 'Altered Beast' films on the way
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand