First Heatpipe technology in a 600W PSU!
Talking about power supplies, I heard that you were also making PSU's now? It must be tough coming into a well established product line, would you like to elaborate a bit for our readers?
Sure, we are very excited about these PSU's. It is called the ZM 600-HP. It is a 600W PSU and is the FIRST PSU to feature integrated heatpipe technology. We have always looked to produce a high wattage PSU, but the presence of so many fans always put us off, until one of our bright engineers proposed that we incorporate the growing trend of heatpipes into the design.
What heatpipes do is they extrude heat from the heat source along the pipe to cooler areas where the heat is radiated out. This is quite efficient in fairly low heat cycle setups. Naturally heatpipes are less effective at much higher temperatures.
Research the name of the game
Yes I'm glad you mentioned that, I have met your R&D Director, Dr. Seo and he has in the past challenged me on heatpipes saying they are not as efficient as people are led to believe. It is just that they look flashy and that's about it. So you are saying that in low heat (possibly below 80 degrees Centigrade) that they work fine?
Exactly. Our previous research was geared around the need to cool VERY hot CPU's, and fortunately with the recent trend to cut down on the wattage CPU's are using and to make systems more efficient, then that has given us more options and allowed us to be more creative.
Fatal1ty: Worlds number one FPS gamer for 5 years running!
I'm a big gamer, and I've heard a lot about the famous gamer called Fatal1ty. I know your company uses his logo on your cases and a couple of your coolers. What is the point, or rather what is your message here?
Fatal1ty is the world's number one First Person Shooter gamer for five years running. He has constantly proved himself in competition after competition.
We at Zalman are proud to build products that he supports. We build them for people like him, who demand the most from their gaming rigs. Not every gamer can have the luxury of owning our premium products, or of having one endorsed by him, but we definitely cater to that market as best we can. If we keep gamers happy, then we are doing ourselves a service within the industry.
Also Jonathan Wendell (AKA Fatal1ty) is larger than life. If you meet him, he's just a cool guy who likes to play games, but when he is playing, his skills are unreal to behold. This kind of fame and interest he generates gives us very good exposure where usually we keep quiet (literally) and we know Jonathan can make all the noise for us. On that note, our Fatal1ty product is the FC-ZV9. It's an awesome VGA cooler, which will give you added benefits while gaming.
CNPS 9700 Cooler>> more fan for your cooling pleasure
Ok, let's get back to the CPU cooler you were talking about earlier, the CNPS 9700?
Well as I was saying before, this cooler has 110mm fan making it a huge workhorse for cooling your CPU. It is without qualification, the best cooler in the market at present. It has a silent mode and a normal mode. At silent mode settings, the fan spins at 1400RPM, with a noise rating of 18dB. The normal mode runs at 2600RPM, and has a noise rating of 32dB.
That's a wrap!
Well I think we have managed to cover quite a bit of what Zalman has in store for us in the near future, although in our short talks before the interview, you mentioned water-cooling kits with names that reminded me of the terminator films, and notebook coolers.
I have to say I'm very impressed at your wide range of not only quality products, but unique one's too. I'm sure the TweakTown readers will want to know more about your products after this interview.
Great, that's a wrap. I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to Mr. Brian Kim from Zalman overseas marketing department on behalf of TweakTown for offering us this opportunity to get to know you guys better. Let us see what interest this generates and maybe we will be talking to you again soon.
Thank you John, it's been a pleasure, and if any of your readers have further queries, I'll be following the feedback, and will be happy to answer as best I can.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015