First Heatpipe technology in a 600W PSU!
Talking about power supplies, I heard that you were also making PSU's now? It must be tough coming into a well established product line, would you like to elaborate a bit for our readers?
Sure, we are very excited about these PSU's. It is called the ZM 600-HP. It is a 600W PSU and is the FIRST PSU to feature integrated heatpipe technology. We have always looked to produce a high wattage PSU, but the presence of so many fans always put us off, until one of our bright engineers proposed that we incorporate the growing trend of heatpipes into the design.
What heatpipes do is they extrude heat from the heat source along the pipe to cooler areas where the heat is radiated out. This is quite efficient in fairly low heat cycle setups. Naturally heatpipes are less effective at much higher temperatures.
Research the name of the game
Yes I'm glad you mentioned that, I have met your R&D Director, Dr. Seo and he has in the past challenged me on heatpipes saying they are not as efficient as people are led to believe. It is just that they look flashy and that's about it. So you are saying that in low heat (possibly below 80 degrees Centigrade) that they work fine?
Exactly. Our previous research was geared around the need to cool VERY hot CPU's, and fortunately with the recent trend to cut down on the wattage CPU's are using and to make systems more efficient, then that has given us more options and allowed us to be more creative.
Fatal1ty: Worlds number one FPS gamer for 5 years running!
I'm a big gamer, and I've heard a lot about the famous gamer called Fatal1ty. I know your company uses his logo on your cases and a couple of your coolers. What is the point, or rather what is your message here?
Fatal1ty is the world's number one First Person Shooter gamer for five years running. He has constantly proved himself in competition after competition.
We at Zalman are proud to build products that he supports. We build them for people like him, who demand the most from their gaming rigs. Not every gamer can have the luxury of owning our premium products, or of having one endorsed by him, but we definitely cater to that market as best we can. If we keep gamers happy, then we are doing ourselves a service within the industry.
Also Jonathan Wendell (AKA Fatal1ty) is larger than life. If you meet him, he's just a cool guy who likes to play games, but when he is playing, his skills are unreal to behold. This kind of fame and interest he generates gives us very good exposure where usually we keep quiet (literally) and we know Jonathan can make all the noise for us. On that note, our Fatal1ty product is the FC-ZV9. It's an awesome VGA cooler, which will give you added benefits while gaming.
CNPS 9700 Cooler>> more fan for your cooling pleasure
Ok, let's get back to the CPU cooler you were talking about earlier, the CNPS 9700?
Well as I was saying before, this cooler has 110mm fan making it a huge workhorse for cooling your CPU. It is without qualification, the best cooler in the market at present. It has a silent mode and a normal mode. At silent mode settings, the fan spins at 1400RPM, with a noise rating of 18dB. The normal mode runs at 2600RPM, and has a noise rating of 32dB.
That's a wrap!
Well I think we have managed to cover quite a bit of what Zalman has in store for us in the near future, although in our short talks before the interview, you mentioned water-cooling kits with names that reminded me of the terminator films, and notebook coolers.
I have to say I'm very impressed at your wide range of not only quality products, but unique one's too. I'm sure the TweakTown readers will want to know more about your products after this interview.
Great, that's a wrap. I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to Mr. Brian Kim from Zalman overseas marketing department on behalf of TweakTown for offering us this opportunity to get to know you guys better. Let us see what interest this generates and maybe we will be talking to you again soon.
Thank you John, it's been a pleasure, and if any of your readers have further queries, I'll be following the feedback, and will be happy to answer as best I can.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset