We said it before and we will say it again - Intel Core 2 rocks - and now with new motherboards coming out from the Taiwanese folk, we are starting to see extra features and good overclocking options.
In fact, if you don't have good overclocking Core 2 motherboard, you aren't going to last since Conroe is very overclockable and loves the extra speed boost.
DFI has done a fantastic job on their 975X Infinity product - its features, layout and more importantly overclocking are some of the best we have seen from any 975x motherboard so far and its price is extremely competitive coming in cheaper than other Conroe supporting boards.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
MSI on the other hand, while putting out a flashy board with plenty of good features, its overclocking wasn't as good as DFI and required more voltages which resulted in fewer MHz. It just doesn't seem as robust or overclocker friendly as the DFI motherboard - sure, upcoming BIOSes maybe result in higher overclocking but we can only test with what is available to us at the time.
MSI pricing is also competitive coming in at around the same price as the DFI motherboard (which does help keep its rating high) but in our books, since overclocking is the key ingredient of any good Conroe motherboard these days, the DFI motherboard is the better buy in our opinion.
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now