We said it before and we will say it again - Intel Core 2 rocks - and now with new motherboards coming out from the Taiwanese folk, we are starting to see extra features and good overclocking options.
In fact, if you don't have good overclocking Core 2 motherboard, you aren't going to last since Conroe is very overclockable and loves the extra speed boost.
DFI has done a fantastic job on their 975X Infinity product - its features, layout and more importantly overclocking are some of the best we have seen from any 975x motherboard so far and its price is extremely competitive coming in cheaper than other Conroe supporting boards.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
MSI on the other hand, while putting out a flashy board with plenty of good features, its overclocking wasn't as good as DFI and required more voltages which resulted in fewer MHz. It just doesn't seem as robust or overclocker friendly as the DFI motherboard - sure, upcoming BIOSes maybe result in higher overclocking but we can only test with what is available to us at the time.
MSI pricing is also competitive coming in at around the same price as the DFI motherboard (which does help keep its rating high) but in our books, since overclocking is the key ingredient of any good Conroe motherboard these days, the DFI motherboard is the better buy in our opinion.
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design