We are always making little but important changes to our VGA test system platform here at TweakTown - a faster CPU, a bump in core speed, new memory, different hard drive and other bits and pieces.
Why does this upgrade deserve its own article? Well simply put, it's quite a significant upgrade as our main test system which conducts almost all of our graphics cards reviews moves from our old love AMD and its Athlon X2 processor to the new dreamy eyed Intel and its Core 2 Duo processor - overclocked through the roof.
After having a quick look at the core components used and then we will dive into a simple head to head of our old but loved AMD test bed compared directly against the new Intel based monster.
We know that the Core 2 Duo is going to be faster (at least we hope) but how much better is it? Where are we going to see improvements - low resolution, high resolution, real world games or synthetic benchmarks?
Let's take a look at our VGA test system upgrade! Without a doubt, it will also provide you a guide as to the type of performance increases you can except from upgrading your PC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Core Component Choices and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- 80 games at E3 2016 were powered by Epic's Unreal Engine
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines