nVidia has put itself once again at the forefront of PC technology and despite AMD and ATI now merging, nVidia has no plans to stop making chipsets for this platform - in fact, they want to beat AMD/ATI at their own game.
nForce 500 series is pretty well evenly matched, at stock speeds there is little to no difference between the four variations. When going SLI, the two x16 slots vs. the two x8 slots don't really make that much difference. 590SLI is really only going to be useful for the GeForce 7950GX2 users who must have twin x16 slots to run Quad SLI but for the standard SLI users, 570SLI fits the bill just fine.
With the 590 and 570 series both supporting the same amount of built in chipset features, if you aren't going to use twin 7950GX2 graphics cards in Quad SLI, it's hard to recommend anything but the 570SLI as you're saving money choosing this platform.
For the value end, the 550 fits the bill for Sempron users no doubt. And if you are after a bit more grunt, 570 Ultra makes a good companion as long as SLI is not a requirement.
For all our testings we can't go past the value and performance of the 570SLI - when it comes to Socket AM2, it is by far nVidia's best value/performance option. On a side note, we were impressed with our initial results of the DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty motherboard and we'll be taking a closer look at it soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system