nVidia has put itself once again at the forefront of PC technology and despite AMD and ATI now merging, nVidia has no plans to stop making chipsets for this platform - in fact, they want to beat AMD/ATI at their own game.
nForce 500 series is pretty well evenly matched, at stock speeds there is little to no difference between the four variations. When going SLI, the two x16 slots vs. the two x8 slots don't really make that much difference. 590SLI is really only going to be useful for the GeForce 7950GX2 users who must have twin x16 slots to run Quad SLI but for the standard SLI users, 570SLI fits the bill just fine.
With the 590 and 570 series both supporting the same amount of built in chipset features, if you aren't going to use twin 7950GX2 graphics cards in Quad SLI, it's hard to recommend anything but the 570SLI as you're saving money choosing this platform.
For the value end, the 550 fits the bill for Sempron users no doubt. And if you are after a bit more grunt, 570 Ultra makes a good companion as long as SLI is not a requirement.
For all our testings we can't go past the value and performance of the 570SLI - when it comes to Socket AM2, it is by far nVidia's best value/performance option. On a side note, we were impressed with our initial results of the DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty motherboard and we'll be taking a closer look at it soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives