nVidia has been the leader in AMD chipset production since the nForce 2 series came out and wiped VIA off as the top dog. nVidia made a huge splash with Hardware Audio support, a faster memory controller and far greater overclocking abilities than anything SiS or VIA were even able to conceive and that was hard to imagine considering their short experience with platform chipsets.
Moving to Athlon 64, nVidia was right there with the nForce 3 series chipsets which started to really get the company on track for platform chipsets. Now nVidia was truly multitalented - great graphics and great chipsets. nForce 4 saw nVidia bring back tandem graphics with SLI technology and also saw nVidia's first chipset for the Intel Pentium 4 series.
Today Socket AM2 is AMD's new weapon for the Athlon 64 and Sempron series of K8 processors. While new chipsets aren't required to run these processors, since there is no memory controller on the chipset itself, nor any change to the Hypertransport link that connects the CPU to the Northbridge, nVidia has taken the new AM2 chipset to revamp its K8 portfolio with the new nForce 500 series chipsets for AMD and soon to be released for Intel Core 2 processors.
Today we are taking a look at the four major AMD nForce 500 chipsets - 590SLI, 570SLI, 570 Ultra and 550. What do these chipsets support and are there any major differences in speed? Or is it just features that separate these chipsets? Let's find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- SanDisk expands superfast MicroSD lineup
- LG partners with Valve to make next-gen VR headset
- Official 'Alien Covenant' prequel short released online
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity