Core 2 Duo always and forever
Another new technology that has helped Intel regain much respect in the market is the new Core 2 Duo series of processors. This incredible achievement against recent trends shows what a power house of technology can do when it is forced to stretch its muscles.
The Core 2 Duo runs at a 40% decrease in power consumption, while having a 40% increase in processing power compared to previous Intel processors. Although Core 2 Duo is not strictly necessary for a Viiv platform, most will be compatible and the end-user will definitely gain marked processing power if they chose to upgrade to this processor.
Viiv is the basis on which a Digital Home should be built (according to Intel). Incorporate this with Microsoft's new Vista operating system and you won't go wrong. However; before you embark on this journey, make sure you have enough dollars to keep up with the Jones's, since keeping pace with today's fast moving technology requires a deep pocket and lots of patience.
Some people consider simple things like Intel's integrated boxed approach both convenient and easy to use. It is simply a case of following the branding and making sure that everything you buy carries the Viiv logo and certification.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Is Viiv for you?]
- Page 3 [Intel is a marketing machine!]
- Page 4 [More Viiv, less choice]
- Page 5 [Wrap it up already...]
- Page 6 [Core 2 Duo always and forever]
- Page 7 [On the other hand...]
- Page 8 [AMD Live!]
- Page 9 [Conclusive? Nope, but getting there]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology