Core 2 Duo always and forever
Another new technology that has helped Intel regain much respect in the market is the new Core 2 Duo series of processors. This incredible achievement against recent trends shows what a power house of technology can do when it is forced to stretch its muscles.
The Core 2 Duo runs at a 40% decrease in power consumption, while having a 40% increase in processing power compared to previous Intel processors. Although Core 2 Duo is not strictly necessary for a Viiv platform, most will be compatible and the end-user will definitely gain marked processing power if they chose to upgrade to this processor.
Viiv is the basis on which a Digital Home should be built (according to Intel). Incorporate this with Microsoft's new Vista operating system and you won't go wrong. However; before you embark on this journey, make sure you have enough dollars to keep up with the Jones's, since keeping pace with today's fast moving technology requires a deep pocket and lots of patience.
Some people consider simple things like Intel's integrated boxed approach both convenient and easy to use. It is simply a case of following the branding and making sure that everything you buy carries the Viiv logo and certification.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Is Viiv for you?]
- Page 3 [Intel is a marketing machine!]
- Page 4 [More Viiv, less choice]
- Page 5 [Wrap it up already...]
- Page 6 [Core 2 Duo always and forever]
- Page 7 [On the other hand...]
- Page 8 [AMD Live!]
- Page 9 [Conclusive? Nope, but getting there]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent