Now we start to look at our P965 candidate motherboard and before we look at the board itself, we take a look at the package and exactly what extras you get for your dollars.
The size of the box is extremely large, implying there is a lot for your dollars. On the front there is a small window that shows you some of the goods you get. On the front there is some info on what the motherboard supports.
On the front there is a flap that shows you more of the board itself inside the packaging as well as explaining more of the features.
On the back is even more information on the boards features so you know what you're getting into.
When it comes to documentation and software, Gigabyte doesn't skimp here. You get a single user manual that explains all the details of installing the board and two quick installation pamphlets. A single CD with all the latest drivers and software package that Gigabyte supports are also provided but as always, we recommend you go online and download the latest drivers.
Since the introduction of the ATX standard about eight years ago, new ports have become standard with these new boards, and the cases these days can't support all the ports on a single back plate. To this end every board you buy these days come with their own I/O shield plate.
Now we get to some of the port expanders that Gigabyte put into the fray. First up are two PCI riser slot covers with two e.SATA ports and a power port x2. These allow you to have four e.SATA ports on your motherboard, more than any other on the market currently and because they plug into the standard SATA-II ports on the motherboard, you can hook them up to any SATA controller card you want to add into the system.
Lastly on the list we get four SATA-II cables, 1 IDE and 1 FDD parallel cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel P965 vs. 975X]
- Page 3 [Specifications of Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015