Intel's Core 2 platform is extremely popular in terms of its early performance; those who want to stay on the top of the FPS game will want to ditch those AMD boxes and start to migrate to the Core 2 side of things. The only question is what platform to take - 975X board or P965?
While Intel does maintain the 975X is the enthusiast chipset, it not only lacks support for DDR2-800, which the P965 now supports but it also has the lesser ICH7R Southbridge. It is outperformed by the P965, its mainstream brother, in all of our tests and with a price tag on the chipset less than 975X, it's clear to see that the P965 is set to be the Core 2's best friend until nVidia's SLI rocket hits the shores.
It should already be clear from our comments, Gigabyte has done a fantastic job in terms of their first Intel P965 motherboard with all the latest features, great overclocking potential and simply great looks; we have absolutely no hesitations in recommending the 965P-DQ6 motherboard to potential Core 2 buyers - two thumbs up!
ATI Crossfire support
Extremely high FSB overclocking
Onboard Digital Audio support
Upcoming Vista OS support
Future-proof with support for upcoming Quad Core processors
12 phase voltage system
A tone of extras
Best silent cooling system for onboard components
Placement of IDE connector
Expensive but you get what you pay for!
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel P965 vs. 975X]
- Page 3 [Specifications of Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog