Installing the RAM chips
The third stage in the production phase is installing the all important RAM chips onto the PCB.
In the photo below you can see the SMT line putting the PCB into place, ready to have the RAM chips installed on it.
Next up the robotic "arms" pick up the RAM chips from the tray and prepares to place them onto the PCB.
Here we can see the RAM chips being placed onto the PCB which believe me happens at an amazingly rapid pace. I would say some cameras would have a hard time taking photos of this part of production without at least some type of blurriness. Three RAM chips are installed at one time and then the robotic arm will go back to the tray and pick up another three RAM chips - and so the cycle goes.
With the SMT machines placing the chips so quickly and delicately onto the PCB, it was interesting to find out what precautions TEAM have in place in case of earthquakes, since Taiwan is prone to many earthquakes every year. The SMT lines can continue production through a 2 - 4 scale earthquake without any interruption and usually with no faulty modules as a result - anything higher and the machines have to be stopped and the modules on the line destroyed. TEAM uses a special type of flooring in their factory which is "rubbery" in construction. It is designed to absorb earthquake shocks. Also, the SMT machines have special feet which are designed to absorb the shock as well. Although, nothing can fully combat the power of Mother Nature and sometimes there is nothing any computer company can do to avoid wasting product. I asked if the SMT machines were able to detect an earthquake and then shut off instantly but that type of technology is yet to be developed.
The SMT line is intelligent enough to determine if a RAM chip is faulty or not. That is, if the pins on the back of the RAM chip are broken or is unable to make proper electrical connection with the PCB. Quite amazingly, these chips are automatically dropped into the pink tray you can see below. These chips will then be sent back to one of TEAM Group's many chip suppliers to be replaced.
How long will it be before humans become totally redundant in a factory?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [First Stage - Programming SMT Computer]
- Page 3 [Second Stage - Applying Solder and Initial Chips]
- Page 4 [Third Stage - Installing RAM Chips]
- Page 5 [Forth Stage - The Bakery]
- Page 6 [Fifth Stage - Examining and Testing the Memory]
- Page 7 [Close look at TEAM Xtreem Memory]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20