Intel has finally stepped away from Netburst and its about time too. In the beginning it was clear that Pentium 4's architecture wasn't going to be the ultimate in CPU technology - if a 1.3GHz clocked Pentium 3 could beat it in 90% of benchmarks, AMD's K7 technology was going to be able to kill it, and it did.
Now Intel has finally gotten the idea that just because you have a higher clocked processor doesn't mean you are going to win the benchmarks, especially if the architecture driving this can't keep up with the demands.
Core Architecture is just what the PC doctor ordered, and if this could have been done instead of the Netburst architecture, AMD might not have the market share it does today.
Overall we have seen that Core Duo for mobile has proven to produce the numbers, and Core 2 for the desktop offers great performance in applications and games - it does seem like it is Intel's day to shine. If Intel's trends of adding in further additions down the line still manifests on Core Architecture we are bound to see some interesting times for the future of Core.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99