GeCube X1900GT Final Thoughts
When you open up the GeCube package and have a look through it, you're not all that excited but when it comes to looking at the performance benchmark numbers, it is a very good card.
It is basically on par with the Radeon X1800XT with it being slightly better at producing better numbers at the high resolutions. It's not the kind of card you would buy if you had an X1800XT already. Although, if you had an X1800GT or something in the mid-range area such as a GeForce 6600GT from nVidia or a Radeon X1600XT from ATI, it is a very good graphics cards upgrade path for you to consider. Available at under $500 AUD in Australia and roughly around $300 USD in the United States, it is also quite a bargain for people who just think that you cannot beat ATI image quality or don't want to spend about $100 USD extra on the higher X1900XT model.
The X1900GT also has the ability to play with HDR and AA enabled, and when we say play we mean at a good FPS. This is still a feature that nVidia owners are unable to achieve which is a huge bummer considering you can fork out huge dollars for a top of the line SLI rig and still not be able to achieve something which a graphics card valued at $500AUD card can.
While the GeCube X1900GT cannot offer smooth playable gaming at 1600 x 1200 with AA and AF turned on, you won't have any problems playing most of the latest games at 1600 x 1200 without turning up your settings. If you want to play at 1600 x 1200 and above with all the settings turned up, you'll need to spend more money on a X1900XT or XTX or consider buying another X1900GT and put into Crossfire mode.
Great value for money
Two Dual Link DVI ports
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
HIS X1800GTO Final Thoughts
The HIS graphics card unlike the GeCube card looks really good as far as appearances go - the big cooler looks excellent and it comes with a bucket load of goodies.
The problem is all this comes at a price that is around the $400 AUD mark in Australia. If you have a very strict budget and you cannot venture past $400 AUD, it's a good option. Performance at 1024 x 768 is good even with AA and AF turned on. You'll be able to play most games at 1600 x 1200 with the HIS X1800GTO although when you start to turn up settings, the gameplay might not be as smooth you will want.
You also find yourself getting features like VIVO and Dual Link DVI ports which make it quite an attractive graphics card for the price. If you can squeeze some extra dollars out of your wallet we would recommend looking at the X1900GT but if you can't, the HIS X1800GTO is a decent graphics card for the price but for just $100 AUD extra, the Radeon X1900GT clearly is the better option.
IceQ 3 Cooling
Perfect 1024 x 768 performance
Two Dual Link DVI ports
Probably not best value
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS