So confident, XFX see no need to show any hardware!
OK - so, they showed one graphics card on their relatively large sized booth, a GeForce 7950GX2 to be exact.
During Computex this year XFX was promoting their "Play Hard" marketing campaign. Since its World Cup time, XFX naturally had a little football area setup with a couple soccer balls and a hoop setup to throw some hoops. Upon entering the booth, we were quickly given a fitness check-up (pulse rate) by one of their Brazilian booth babes. The verdict was simple: "You're fine... drink more beer and buy more XFX graphics cards!". We're all good, phew!
We were waiting for someone to take a shower in the change room at the XFX booth but nothing ended up happening.
The whole idea behind the marketing is to extend the message to buyers that with an XFX graphics card, you can play hard and win in the latest computer games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Day 4 and 5 live coverage from the floor]
- Page 2 [VIA water and dust proof PC and more]
- Page 3 [Very confident XFX at Computex 2006]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte introduce newest I-RAM]
- Page 5 [Galaxy dual 7900GT and 7600GT]
- Page 6 [Firing Squad Invitational Tournament]
- Page 7 [DFI nForce 590 SLI AM2 motherboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched