Intel performs live benchmarks of Conroe and AM2
Yesterday at Computex we attended the Intel press conference along with just about every other man and his dog here in Taipei.
At their press conference at the top of Taipei 101 building on the 84th floor, Intel talked about a lot of things - the main subject was the new 965 series of chipsets for Conroe but also new enterprise products were discussed along with the Viiv home entertainment PC platform.
The one thing we want to focus on was the live benchmark which Intel performed comparing a Conroe Core 2 Duo (E6700) running at 2.66GHz against an overclocked AMD Athlon FX-60 running at a higher 2.8GHz clock speed. We weren't told any other system specifications but Intel ran an office application benchmark and the Conroe killed the FX-60, considerably. Since there was a lot of excitement at the press conference about a live benchmark, we quickly pulled out the video camera and recorded some live footage of the event. After all, it's quite rare to see Intel mention AMD at their press conference so many times - we think they must be very confident in their future.
We have uploaded two short videos live from the press conference which you can download below:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [HUGE Day 2 and 3 live coverage]
- Page 2 [ASUS show Quad SLI PC, but how?]
- Page 3 [ECS have Conroe RD600 motherboard]
- Page 4 [ASUS reveals new concept enthusiast motherboard]
- Page 5 [Dual GPU Graphics Cards make an appearance]
- Page 6 [Insane CPU overclocking with ABIT]
- Page 7 [Intel performs live benchmarks of Conroe and AM2]
- Page 8 [ABIT shows AM2 board using nForce4 chipset]
- Page 9 [OCZ DDR-2 PC8000 with 4-4-4-15 timings]
- Page 10 [ThermalTake goes crazy at Computex]
- Page 11 [Other cool stuff]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller