Insane CPU overclocking with ABIT
This year ABIT are sending the message that they are back and letting people know that they should be ready for the revival of the company and the next generation of products to come from the Taiwanese company. ABIT has also used Computex to officially launch their new logo which will help propel the company into the future.
Over the past two years ABIT had financial issues and things weren't looking good. At one stage it looked possible the company would sink and be gone forever. Although earlier this year ABIT announced USI (large shipping company) had purchased the company. Since then, things have been constantly changing at the ABIT HQ here in Taiwan but it looks like everything is back on track for ABIT - from an outsider prospective, it really does look like ABIT is deadly serious about getting back to the point they were at before things started going bad and even moving on further to other products besides just motherboards - such as surround sound speaker systems and so on.
ABIT were showing off a whole range of new products but mostly just motherboards for AM2 and Conroe. For starters, we were shown the AW9D MAX which is the company's most high-end 975X chipset based motherboard for Conroe. The sample we were shown isn't quite ready yet - for example, some of the colors will be changed but it gives you a good idea about what to expect.
Next up we saw what ABIT is claiming to be the first ever motherboard in the world to have a HDMI port onboard. So far at Computex we haven't see anything like this, so the claims seem to hold true for now. The motherboard we're talking about is the IL-80MV mobile on desktop part which supports Core Duo mobile processors and is fully Intel "Viiv" certified.
For us, by far the most exciting happening at the ABIT booth was our VapoChill overclocking experiment.
We played around with the system for around 20 minutes with ABIT and managed to overclock the Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 (3.46GHz) to an amazing 5.6GHz using ABIT's OC Guru Windows overclocking and monitoring software - that is more than 2GHz over the default clock speed!
Unfortunately the system crashed and reset after we tired running a benchmark with Super PI - but we took the FSB down to 270MHz (270 x 20 = 5400MHz) and everything was rock solid. The processor voltage was 1.6875 volts and the chipset voltage was 2.00 volts with the DDR voltage also at 2.00 volts with the CPU being cooled by the VapoChill unit at -34c.
As like every year at Computex, we had fun at the ABIT booth and it was a nice atmosphere to take a break from the busyness of the show for a while and enjoy some real hardcore overclocking - what we know and love from our friends at ABIT - previously, present and hopefully in the future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [HUGE Day 2 and 3 live coverage]
- Page 2 [ASUS show Quad SLI PC, but how?]
- Page 3 [ECS have Conroe RD600 motherboard]
- Page 4 [ASUS reveals new concept enthusiast motherboard]
- Page 5 [Dual GPU Graphics Cards make an appearance]
- Page 6 [Insane CPU overclocking with ABIT]
- Page 7 [Intel performs live benchmarks of Conroe and AM2]
- Page 8 [ABIT shows AM2 board using nForce4 chipset]
- Page 9 [OCZ DDR-2 PC8000 with 4-4-4-15 timings]
- Page 10 [ThermalTake goes crazy at Computex]
- Page 11 [Other cool stuff]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20