ASUS show off Quad SLI PC, but how?
Today whilst walking around the show ground we noticed that ASUS had a Quad SLI system setup using two GeForce 7950GX2 graphics cards or a total of four GPU's to avoid any confusion. The motherboard being used was a M2N32-SLI Deluxe with AMD Athlon FX-62 processor.
Without being confronted by ASUS staff, we managed to get into the nVidia control panel to check out how it was being done, since we had many issues in our labs trying to get Quad SLI setup and working properly.
It turns out ASUS were using ForceWare driver version 91.28 while review websites were only given 91.29 for their testing, which apparently doesn't support Quad SLI or at least stops it from working. So it turns out 91.28 is the "special Quad SLI driver" all the Taiwanese folk have been talking about during Computex this week.
We would have liked to run a benchmark but unfortunately there was no benchmark software installed on the PC at the time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [HUGE Day 2 and 3 live coverage]
- Page 2 [ASUS show Quad SLI PC, but how?]
- Page 3 [ECS have Conroe RD600 motherboard]
- Page 4 [ASUS reveals new concept enthusiast motherboard]
- Page 5 [Dual GPU Graphics Cards make an appearance]
- Page 6 [Insane CPU overclocking with ABIT]
- Page 7 [Intel performs live benchmarks of Conroe and AM2]
- Page 8 [ABIT shows AM2 board using nForce4 chipset]
- Page 9 [OCZ DDR-2 PC8000 with 4-4-4-15 timings]
- Page 10 [ThermalTake goes crazy at Computex]
- Page 11 [Other cool stuff]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines