ASUS show off Quad SLI PC, but how?
Today whilst walking around the show ground we noticed that ASUS had a Quad SLI system setup using two GeForce 7950GX2 graphics cards or a total of four GPU's to avoid any confusion. The motherboard being used was a M2N32-SLI Deluxe with AMD Athlon FX-62 processor.
Without being confronted by ASUS staff, we managed to get into the nVidia control panel to check out how it was being done, since we had many issues in our labs trying to get Quad SLI setup and working properly.
It turns out ASUS were using ForceWare driver version 91.28 while review websites were only given 91.29 for their testing, which apparently doesn't support Quad SLI or at least stops it from working. So it turns out 91.28 is the "special Quad SLI driver" all the Taiwanese folk have been talking about during Computex this week.
We would have liked to run a benchmark but unfortunately there was no benchmark software installed on the PC at the time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [HUGE Day 2 and 3 live coverage]
- Page 2 [ASUS show Quad SLI PC, but how?]
- Page 3 [ECS have Conroe RD600 motherboard]
- Page 4 [ASUS reveals new concept enthusiast motherboard]
- Page 5 [Dual GPU Graphics Cards make an appearance]
- Page 6 [Insane CPU overclocking with ABIT]
- Page 7 [Intel performs live benchmarks of Conroe and AM2]
- Page 8 [ABIT shows AM2 board using nForce4 chipset]
- Page 9 [OCZ DDR-2 PC8000 with 4-4-4-15 timings]
- Page 10 [ThermalTake goes crazy at Computex]
- Page 11 [Other cool stuff]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup