HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode Graphics Card
Also at the Grand Hyatt were our friends from HIS who are based out of Hong Kong. While ATI don't have anything overly exciting this year to announce at Computex in terms of GPU's, HIS still had a couple interesting products for us to take a look at.
Probably the most interesting product we saw was their Radeon X1600 Pro with Dual Interface. With this unique setup, you can choose to run either AGP 8x or PCI Express depending on what motherboard you use. It would be very interesting to know if HIS could use this technology on a brand new high-end X1900XTX which would be great for users who didn't wish to upgrade their motherboard, memory and CPU but HIS weren't sure and we think ATI would have something to say about that.
Next up is another HIS Radeon X1600 but with a major difference. It's a low-profile version with Dual DVI and HDMI - perfect for a HTPC.
And lastly we have some proof that the mixing and matching of different X1900 series Radeon graphics cards works just fine with Crossfire Dual GPU technology enabled. HIS were showing a regular X1900 Crossfire master card working with one of their new IceQ 3 X1900XTX cards.
You'll still need a cable to connect the cards together but at least this technology is improving and becoming more flexible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Live coverage from Computex floor]
- Page 2 [Corsair shows PC10000 and RAM cooler]
- Page 3 [HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode]
- Page 4 [Cases from Cooler Master and Biostar]
- Page 5 [Palit overclocks VGA and funky LCD glasses]
- Page 6 [Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 board]
- Page 7 [Gigabyte's packed high-end Conroe board]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080