Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8N32-SLI Premium (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Crucial PC4000 DDR (Supplied by Crucial)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.4 and 6.5 and DX9c
This is the final month of our current benchmarking application line up. The next time you see our Catalyst article we will be cranking it up with some new benchmarks and hopefully some new wide screen resolutions which cannot be done on our current test bed monitor. (Editor Note: OK OK - I get it!)
The major change this month is the fact we have ceased using the Radeon X1800XT and switched to using the newer Radeon X1900XT. It is current generation and many people have asked us to add it and we have - that is us though, we listen to the people.
Now would also be a good time to give us your feedback on what new benchmarking applications you would like to see us using in our driver comparisons and VGA reviews. Please leave your comments below or send us an email.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 360
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DX8 and partial DX9 support with completely new tests and graphics over the previous version, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being the industry standard 3D benchmark.
The X1900XT sees a slight increase in performance in both resolutions but it's almost something that we can just put down to fluctuation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives