Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8N32-SLI Premium (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Crucial PC4000 DDR (Supplied by Crucial)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.4 and 6.5 and DX9c
This is the final month of our current benchmarking application line up. The next time you see our Catalyst article we will be cranking it up with some new benchmarks and hopefully some new wide screen resolutions which cannot be done on our current test bed monitor. (Editor Note: OK OK - I get it!)
The major change this month is the fact we have ceased using the Radeon X1800XT and switched to using the newer Radeon X1900XT. It is current generation and many people have asked us to add it and we have - that is us though, we listen to the people.
Now would also be a good time to give us your feedback on what new benchmarking applications you would like to see us using in our driver comparisons and VGA reviews. Please leave your comments below or send us an email.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 360
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DX8 and partial DX9 support with completely new tests and graphics over the previous version, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being the industry standard 3D benchmark.
The X1900XT sees a slight increase in performance in both resolutions but it's almost something that we can just put down to fluctuation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni