So here is the situation - You have had a look at the screen shots and still can't fully understand what it's doing for you. There are two really noticeable features that the BFG AGEIA PhysX card does for you.
Firstly we have all the extra debris that gets flung through the air. This is there to simulate items like concrete being damaged in a blast. It makes the explosion look more realistic instead of just a big flame going up in the air.
Secondly is the heat waves and this is something which is extremely difficult to capture. When you have a flame especially the size of the ones we generated, you get that blurry kind of haze due to the heat coming off it. The AGEIA card gives you this in game instead of a simple flame in the air again all with the purpose of taking gaming to the next level.
The BFG Tech AGEIA PhysX card really does help take your gaming experience to the next level. Sure, we can understand that the level is a good jump in realism for a game like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter but if this is a sign of what's to come over the next 6 - 12 months in PC gaming, you have something to be very excited about.
The AGEIA PhysX card has very limited partners with BFG currently being the only one selling the card at the retail. ASUS are also supposed to be doing something but there seems to be nothing 100% yet.
Cell Factor has also just become available to AGEIA owners and if you want to play this game, you will need one of these cards.
The AGEIA PhysX card will only be as good as the games that follow and the initial list is looking pretty good. GRAW is a great game and there is a lot of hype for Unreal Tournament 2007. Throw these two games in with Cell Factor (which looks absolutely amazing from the initial trailers) and we think this card is going to be a must have but only you can decide if it's a must have for today or next week or whenever.
Do you want to play GRAW how it is supposed to be played? Do you want to play the Cell Factor demo to experience true next generation gaming? If the answer is yes and you have some spare cash, pull that credit card out and order one from your closest BFG Tech AGEIA reseller.
Finally we leave thinking about the performance hit that has been spoken about a lot. There is no doubt that the AGEIA card in GRAW does impact performance - the VGA card has to render more detail due to the AGEIA card. Losses as high as 20 frames per second have been spoken about but with that said, the Radeon X1900XTX at 2560 x 1600 didn't give us any major loss of FPS that affected our game play. The other thing is the PhysX in GRAW feels as it's been kind of taped on and not written from the ground up. When we get a chance to look at the card again we will try Cell Factor which is designed around the AGEIA technology to see just how it performs. This will give us a better indication of how future games will perform with this technology as it matures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog