Setup and Use
Windows XP feels very much like Windows 2000. It runs programs quick, responds quickly, but your playing sounds (mp3's) may skip if you do open big programs. Here are some screenshots of the Windows XP environment.
I know you guys like my girl .so here she is. If you want the wallpaper then ICQ me at 127686736 and I will send it to you as soon as you can hold it.
Conflicts & Recommendations
I then proceeded in installing Windows XP by running the setup. The installation took about 70 minutes. Beware that Windows XP will need a Windows 2000 version for a storage controller, not Windows 98. As for mine, a Highpoint Tech 366, I was asked for drivers and when it recognized the controller successfully, I could go on with the setup. Wonder if other problems might arise on your computer? Very possible.
I use Powerstrip to set my monitor's refresh rate higher than 75. I was not told about any compatibility problems with this program when I did the compatibility test. With this, know that the test will not tell you 100% that your computer is ready. Have Windows 2000 drivers ready when needed. However, if you do get any notices like the above, what you can do is reinstall the program.
Services & Other
Something new, and not discussed in other previews is .NET passport. This "service" will allow you to use online services such as chat and personal homepages. Some might not want this after reading the 'privacy' statement. Why? Just an idea because of the trust that very, very few people have seen to Microsoft. You know
Still, do not give up. Windows XP has some awesome advantages over Windows 9x.
1) NT Kernel, meaning stability and performance,
2) New look and feel
3) Time for gamers to make a move who want 1) and 2)!
When people think about new, they think about excitement and entertainment. Games is the word. Don't be too happy because it will be some time until there will be some good drivers are out for video and soundcards. Remember the old Windows 95 days when there rarely were any drivers out for any hardware but slowly the process of building up came? We are going through that again, but after 6 years of development.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent