There is no denying that the GeForce 7900GTX is the fastest card in this article but we could have told you that without any benchmarks. What is interesting though is the performance that the 7600GT offers. This really is an untapped card it would seem as speaking to a few suppliers around Australia, the sales on the 7600GT aren't too good. The main reason seems to be the lack of awareness. The 7600GT is a great performing card and in SLI offers some serious performance.
A common question that people ask and I find myself answering is, "What should I get... SLI 7600 or a single 7900GT?" In the past I would have jumped at saying go with the higher clocked single card, then later on upgrade to another but with the cycles coming around so quickly, those people are owning one card then finding its time they can afford another and there is a new variant. So, they sell the single card and buy a new single card. If you can afford two 7900GT's do that, if you can afford two 7600GT's do that, if you can afford one 7900GT now and think it will be 2 or 3 weeks before you get another one, that is a good option but if you think its going to get dragged on longer, have a serious look at the SLI 7600GT setup especially if you already have an SLI motherboard.
The inclusion of Serious Sam 2 is excellent as while it's not the most realistic game its quite intensive so you can make use of that new card and it's easy to get into.
While we would have liked to include more cards in the results and tested the overclocked processor on multiple cards, we were running out of time with it and the cards as we have prepared for another article using the FX-60 which we think is interesting and our readers will enjoy.
While we don't try to push the "I" word on TweakTown a lot because we speak as a team here, it's easier to put the top performing cards into perspective from my own personal use.
I personally use a Radeon X1900XTX because it is better at what I play, predominately Battlefield 2 yet the biggest problem with it is the noise output - it is just way too loud and you really have to crank up the speakers or use headphones to get over it. The 7900GTX I feel is the better card, it performs similar and better depending what games you're playing. The 7900GT which compared to the X1900XT is a single slot solution as opposed to a dual slot and is just an overall better card.
Gigabyte has got a mean lineup here and word on the street is that the 7900 series are what the masses want and all for good reason. If you can get a hold of a Gigabyte GeForce 7900 or two 7600 graphics cards, we say go for it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED