It is clear that the battle between AMD and Intel is at a hot point. Intel is still hurting with its losses to AMD over the Athlon vs. Pentium battles and not only does it have to fight this one, but now it has a competitor for the value segment, the AMD Sempron.
Intel's value market was unchallenged for some time with the demise of Duron, but now it's starting to show again that AMD can put its muscle into both high-end and value segments, and still give the users what they want.
Overall the Sempron proved itself to be the better CPU, while lagging behind in the encoding and synthetic segments, when it starts to put its K8 architecture behind games, it's clearly the winner overall.
Today we have shown what budget can do and what both companies have on offer. Hopefully we will see the Sempron evolve to include some of the higher functions like DDR-2 later on this year and give Intel something more to worry about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard makes changes to Overwatch S6 competitive mode
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience