- Can the A8N32-SLI Deluxe overclock?
Absolutely, we didn't have any troubles at all when it came to overclocking with the most recent motherboard from ASUS. It is extremely obvious why this board has become so well accepted in the enthusiast community. All you have to do is know your safety limits; for example what volts your memory and processor can handle, and start increasing the front side bus and hope you have a dandy of a processor to back it all up.
- Does lower FSB and tighter timings beat higher FSB and looser timings?
Yes and no, in a synthetic benchmark that shows pure memory performance the tighter timings are able to keep up with memory clocked more then 15% faster then it when using looser timings. When it comes to actual games and other benchmarking programs the tighter timings really don't come into play as much because the programs are able to make better use of the increased CPU speed.
- What modules overclock higher @ the loose timings?
The OCZ memory... just, but what we have to remember is that the OCZ modules are 512MB as opposed to 1GB and since the lower modules are commonly known for overclocking better, we did expect results from the OCZ memory to be higher. The other reason we also expected it to be higher is that the stock speed on the OCZ is also higher then the Corsair. So while the OCZ does overclock higher, the Corsair overclocked better. Which you prefer is up to you.
- Can 1GB modules keep up with 512MB ones?
From an overclocking perspective, the answer is no. 512MB modules at the moment show us that they generally overclock better, not from just this article but just general experience across multiple forums across the web. If you're going to do nothing but run loops of 3DMark on your PC, you are better off with 512MB modules. If you intend to do some gaming, you're better off opting for 1GB modules.
So, what is the better module you might be wondering? The Corsair modules for this board are where it's really at. We lost 6MHz when compared to the OCZ modules we have here but gain twice as much memory.
For this reason we have given the Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO our TweakTown "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award as they really performed exceptionally well here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Memory]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [The Answers and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- Far Cry 5 box art shows villains, airplanes, and chaos
- Sony's Project FIELD mobile tech may release in 2017
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017