It seems like this is an early Christmas present to those Radeon X1800 users. While we thought the performance from the X850XT was good with the new drivers, we can see that the X1800XT gets more performance and almost across all our benchmarks. Quake 4 again gave us some weird results with the performance being slightly decreased at 1024 x 768 but apart from that the drivers get two big thumbs up from us.
As we said before if you were tossing up between venturing across to Dual Core or getting a higher clocked single core processor, it is obvious that you really should look at the dual core path.
January will see the release of the Catalyst 6 series and we hope that ATI bring in the new year with even more performance for the people who have spent their hard earned dollars on the X1800 line up.
Until next month Happy Benchmarking, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: our next-gen engine has full Ryzen support
- Xiaomi could launch in the US in two years
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family