It seems like this is an early Christmas present to those Radeon X1800 users. While we thought the performance from the X850XT was good with the new drivers, we can see that the X1800XT gets more performance and almost across all our benchmarks. Quake 4 again gave us some weird results with the performance being slightly decreased at 1024 x 768 but apart from that the drivers get two big thumbs up from us.
As we said before if you were tossing up between venturing across to Dual Core or getting a higher clocked single core processor, it is obvious that you really should look at the dual core path.
January will see the release of the Catalyst 6 series and we hope that ATI bring in the new year with even more performance for the people who have spent their hard earned dollars on the X1800 line up.
Until next month Happy Benchmarking, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 to feature squeezable frame - Active Edge
- Tencent didn't invest in PUBG studio Bluehole
- Galaxy Note8 will be the first Note with 6GB of RAM
- Amazon Instant Pickup has orders ready in two minutes
- The future of Faraday Future looks clearer
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS Review
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes
- ASUS announces DSL-AC88U router
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online exceeds 10 million players worldwide