If you're sitting there with your high-end ATI graphics card thinking that its time for a processor upgrade and not quite sure if its worth spending the extra dollars going Dual Core, we are pretty certain its safe to say "YES!", go for it.
We saw nVidia utilize Dual Core technology a few months back and now ATI have jumped on the bandwagon as we predicted. The X2 is going to sit very nicely under your Christmas tree this year and it seems as time goes on, games will start to make better use of Dual Core and hyperthreading technologies.
The only gripe that we have with the driver is the problem we have in Quake 4 with our X700 PRO. Massive artifacts made it impossible to benchmark but we had absolutely no problems benchmarking with the previous driver and this problem wasn't found in any of the other benchmarks. Please let us know in the comments below if you notice anything similar, as we're sure ATI will be reading and listening to your comments.
Until next month Happy Benchmarking, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions