ATI seemed to have what looked like a chance to take the 3D graphics performance crown a few weeks ago when they released the Radeon X1800XT which has only recently become available for sale.
helping their cause. nVidia launched and had product available on store shelves of the 512MB version of the GTX on the day ATI announced it would have their X1800XT product available and so far it seems as if nVidia has the goods... in any way you choose to look at it.Last week we saw the release of the 512MB GeForce 7800GTX from nVidia which well and truly made nVidia secure the crown for the current generation of GPU's with some additional memory and higher clock speeds. Also, their new and improved 81.94 ForceWare drivers went a long way to
We will have a look at the graphics card and the package that XFX supply as we would in a normal review but our main aim here today is overclocking the GeForce 7800GTX 512MB to see exactly what we can get out of one of these bad boys. We'll stick it on our healthily overclocked AMD Athlon X2 test bed system with the impressive ASUS A8N32-SLI motherboard which has full 16x PEG slots.
We're expecting some big benchmark numbers, even from a single card setup. Let's quickly move on to the package to see just exactly what we get and what the card looks like before we get into the overclocking action.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- San Jose's Cogswell College announces VR/AR certificate program
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched