We saw the release of the nVidia Forceware 81.84 BETA drivers last month and performance improvements with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors was very impressive to say the least. The new drivers really helped begin to make use of that second core we have with the X2 processor.
This month we see the release of the driver officially and we will be comparing the 81.94 against the last official driver, Forceware 78.01.
Should you be updating drivers for your GeForce graphics card? Read on and find out!
Release notes from nVidia
While this is where we normally put the release notes, this driver release has a 126 page PDF document attached to it that lists a whole lot of information - some useful and others not so useful.
Here are some of the release highlights, as a quick summary:
- Adds support for GeForce 7800 GTX 512 and GeForce 6800 GS
- Improved performance for Quake 4
- Improved performance and compatibility for Call of Duty 2
- Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI
- TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI
- Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI
- Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs
- PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support
- Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV
We think it's safe to say that we will let the results speak for themselves. You can download the release notes PDF here if you're interested in bug fixes and so forth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis