We did mention in our regular Catalyst performance analysis earlier in the day that one of the most important additions to the Catalyst 5.11 drivers was the inclusion of the X1800XL and X1800XT. This makes it the first official driver to support ATI's new series of graphics cards and we found from our sample drivers that there was a slight difference in performance in some games, such as Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Have ATI fixed the issues as we eluded they might?
For this reason we will be having a look at how the 5.11 driver compares against the early sample driver that came with our reference sample graphic card and the first official driver to come from ATI.
This will be also the beginning of what will become the X1K Catalyst performance analysis articles and while we had hoped to add the X1300 and X1600XT, this time around we encountered an error while installing them which meant that they are not suited for these cards. It looks like the 5.12 drivers next month will have support for these GPU's and will help grow this monthly addition to TweakTown.
Let's get started and find out what the driver team at ATI has done for the Radeon X1800XT.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog