So there we have it, overclocking the ATI Radeon X1800XT and X1600XT. While the program we used isn't the most user friendly piece of software, it did exactly what we wanted it to do though we can't wait till the next version of ATI tool hits the net as you forget about just how annoying overclocking can be few MHz up, test, few more MHz up and tests again.
Considering we are running early reference samples of the ATI X1K cards here, we think that our overclocking results weren't too bad at all. ATI didn't even get a chance to place a sticker on our heatsink unlike a lot of the other samples we have seen.
We are looking forward to overclocking other X1K cards in the near future. We have another X1800XL full retail card coming to us and we should start to see full retail versions of the X1800XT over the coming weeks. We are going to be busy right up to the Christmas break with the 512MB GeForce GTX coming, X1800 master cards, X1800XT and more Crossfire motherboards hitting the market.
All our overclocking was done with the stock cooler in a room cooled at 20c thanks to a handy wall mount air conditioner. There does seem to be big potential for overclocking these cards so the coming weeks will give us a better insight of what people can expect from their new X1800 cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives