Modding Procedure for Sapphire X800GTOÂ²
The first thing we did was make our way into ATI Tool (we used the latest stable version, 0.24 and a must for Radeon users) and make sure that the current pipes were set to 12 - You don't need to do this but we are using at a confirmation that the update is working as we go along.
The next part was the hardest part we found - hunting down a floppy disk and floppy drive did take some effort but once we found it, we used Windows and created a boot disk via the format option in My Computer.
Once this was done, we created a directory where we copied the files required for the mod on the floppy disk and once all this was done, it was time to reboot into DOS mode. Download the files required (the BIOS flash tool "Flashrom" and new mod BIOS) from here on our server - it's only about 130KB zipped. The new BIOS doesn't alter clock speeds - they will remain at default.
As the floppy disk kicks in and loads DOS, type in dir/w to show a list of the files and folders. Once we have a list, change to the directory that has the flash program and the BIOS by typing cd 16pipemod (the directory name might be slightly different since DOS doesn't support long file names).
Type in dir/w to get a listing of the files in the directory, which is for all you younger folks out there that might have not used DOS before now.
Once you are in the correct directory you can proceed with the BIOS flash mod by typing flashrom -f -p 0 X800GTO16P.bin. The file name may differ if you are using another version of the BIOS from somewhere else but these file and directory names are in reference to the file we're hosting.
Hopefully you see the same message as we did which means you can reboot your machine, make your way into Windows and load up ATI Tool again. If all was a success you will now have 16 pipes to play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Modding Procedure]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard