While we have seen other websites have a quick look at the performance given by the 12 to 16 pipeline mod, we have gone right through our usual benchmark suite which allows us to get a better look at where the extra pipelines will improve performance. It would be a safe bet to say that most users looking at a mid-range graphics card will consider an X800GTO which is capable of being modded to the full 16 pipes, because you're getting similar Radeon X850XT performance at around $100 US less.
For interest sakes, the Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition comes clocked at the modest default reference speeds of 400MHz core and 490MHz memory. Most Radeon X850XT cards come clocked at 520MHz core and 540MHz memory. When overclocking the Sapphire card, we managed a higher memory clock speed than the default X850XT but the core overclock was about 40MHz slower.
Extra performance can be seen throughout our testing and even though the graphics card didn't want to overclock as much when we unlocked the extra pipes, it still performed faster then the pre-modded tests at higher clock speeds.
The flash only takes a few minutes but as always when it comes to modding and overclocking your components, you do have to take the warranty factor into account and think if its worth taking the risk that you could possible lose your warranty if you couldn't flash back to a default BIOS.
If you do have a Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition good luck with the mod and if all goes well, we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the extra free performance given. You can let us know of your results by posting in our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Modding Procedure]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications