With the release of the new X1K series of cards from ATI this month, it is no surprise that we have seen the release of the October 2005 Catalyst 5.10 driver slightly earlier then we expected. Hopefully ATI go back into the trend of releasing their drivers in the first half of the month as it gives all ATI owners something to get excited about.
We did intend on comparing ATI's X1300, X1600 and X1800 with the new drivers compared to the drivers which shipped to reviewers, although the latest drivers this month don't support the new X1K series. We'll just assume ATI will start including support for the new series next month in the Catalyst 5.11 driver.
We will be following our normal pattern, so let's not delay and have a look at what ATI have fixed this time around and then move into what you came here to see, the all important benchmarks.
Release notes from ATI
Issues Resolved in Catalyst Software Suite 5.10
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst. These include:
- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: Attempting to launch the game under Windows with an ATI Radeon X800 XL installed no longer results in an error message being displayed
- The German language control panel text no longer appears truncated when using 96 DPI
- 3DMark03: Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bbp and having Anti-Aliasing set to 6x no longer results in Windows crashing when running 3Dmark03 Mother Nature test
- Overlay Theater Mode no longer fails to be applied on the secondary display device when using extended desktop mode
- Catalyst Control Center: Entering the Adjustments page and deselecting the option to Let the Application Decide no longer results in the Hue value not changing when moving the slider bar
- Connecting two display devices to the ATI Radeon X300/X600 no longer results in the Overlay Theater Mode failing to be applied to the primary display device
- Attempting to toggle between the CRT and TV using ALT+F5 shortcut no longer fails
- The red/blue components are no longer intermittently swapped when rendering images with OpenGL based Java 2D pipeline
- Silent Hunter 3: Enabling all video options within the game and setting the particle density to 100, along with setting Anti-Aliasing to 6X and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x, no longer results in display corruption on the left portion of the display
- Pacific Fighters: Setting the display device to 1024x768 32bpp and enabling Anti-Aliasing to 6x no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game
- IBM DFP BN68-30012B-06: Connecting the display device to an ATI Radeon X300/X600 no longer results in display corruption being noticed after the installation of the ATI display driver
- The ATI Radeon X850 Pro is now properly identified in the Display Properties
- Dungeon Siege 2: The cursor image is now displayed properly when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon X800 series installed
- Stronghold 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP Professional x64 edition no longer results in the game failing to load and the operating system rebooting itself
- Attempting to enabling clone mode under Windows XP MCE while watching TV in a windowed mode no longer results in the operating system crashing
- Using a PAL version of the Microsoft operating system (XP, or XP MCE) no longer results in the region being switched from PAL to NTSC when clicking the video list found in the tuner tab of the TV function of the ATI MMC
- Max Payne 2: Erratic mouse pointer behavior is no longer noticed within the game's menu after a short time period of game play
- The FM seek function found in the ATI MMC no longer operates the same as the tune function when using an ATI All-in-Wonder X800 (PAL) under the Windows XP MCE operating system
- Graphedit: Watching and listening to audio/video using the composite input found on the ATI Radeon X300/X600 no longer results in the left and right audio being swapped
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20