Dual Core, once only thought of as a dream, now it's a full blown reality. Intel has been the first to introduce the Dual Core CPU to the desktop market, with AMD right on their heals. AMD has had one great advantage over Intel, AMD Dual Core CPU's will run on just about any Socket 939 motherboard that supports the 0.09um AMD CPU, which is quite a few motherboards and a great option for the AMD users since there is little to upgrade.
Intel's Dual Core line, however, requires new motherboards and chipsets, due to Intel changing the voltage requirements. While I92XE boards can run the Pentium D CPU, their not guaranteed to work as their electrical requirements have changed quite a bit.
* Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Motherboard Pricing *
Intel has let out two new chipsets to take on the Dual Core environment, the I945 series chipset is aimed at the mainstream and value segments, with four different variants. I945 supports all Pentium 4 and Celeron-D chips as well as support for the Pentium-D. The I955X chipset is aimed at the enthusiast market, with support for all Socket 775 CPU's including Pentium-D and the Pentium Extreme Edition Dual Core with Hyper-Threading.
Today we have two of Gigabyte's I945 motherboards which we are going to compare against ASUS's I955X P5WD2. Today we have the Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro and the GA-8I945P Dual Graphic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Features)]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Overclocking)]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Features)]
- Page 6 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Overclocking)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015