Dual Core, once only thought of as a dream, now it's a full blown reality. Intel has been the first to introduce the Dual Core CPU to the desktop market, with AMD right on their heals. AMD has had one great advantage over Intel, AMD Dual Core CPU's will run on just about any Socket 939 motherboard that supports the 0.09um AMD CPU, which is quite a few motherboards and a great option for the AMD users since there is little to upgrade.
Intel's Dual Core line, however, requires new motherboards and chipsets, due to Intel changing the voltage requirements. While I92XE boards can run the Pentium D CPU, their not guaranteed to work as their electrical requirements have changed quite a bit.
* Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Motherboard Pricing *
Intel has let out two new chipsets to take on the Dual Core environment, the I945 series chipset is aimed at the mainstream and value segments, with four different variants. I945 supports all Pentium 4 and Celeron-D chips as well as support for the Pentium-D. The I955X chipset is aimed at the enthusiast market, with support for all Socket 775 CPU's including Pentium-D and the Pentium Extreme Edition Dual Core with Hyper-Threading.
Today we have two of Gigabyte's I945 motherboards which we are going to compare against ASUS's I955X P5WD2. Today we have the Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro and the GA-8I945P Dual Graphic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Features)]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Overclocking)]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Features)]
- Page 6 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Overclocking)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives