I'm going to keep the final thoughts on my first Ethereum article short, as there's so much here already. I'm hoping you've got your rig up and mining by now, but if you haven't - and you have specific questions or concerns, please leave a comment below. I will do my best to answer them all.
If you've got any suggestions on better mining pools, software, or wallets - please help us out. I will be making this an entire Ethereum series of articles, and would love the help along the way. If you want to add to my guide, feel free to email me or message me on Facebook personally, and we'll get you into the mix.
Wrapping things up: this is an adventure.
I haven't had a proper hobby apart from my obsession of technology and gaming (which is becoming less and less these days, apart from spikes with Overwatch and Battlegrounds recently), so cryptocurrency has become my latest obsession. I have copious amounts of hardware laying around, and an entire office to use it in. I couldn't run this operation from home, as I would run out of amperage on the wall sockets without calling in an electrician to modify my house.
If this continues to take off, I will have to move into a larger place, rent a warehouse... or what I'm hoping will happen: in 18 months or so I want to build a house (I rent right now). I would build a house with Tesla's Powerwall solar panel technology, and drive as much as this mining off of free energy that I can. The power bills are going to hurt... a lot... and the heat output of these rigs is enormous.
The next phase of this Ethereum mining is showing you my set up later this week, with videos and FB Live streams to come - with live Q&A sessions about Ethereum, and more. I've already purchased 30 x PCIe x1 to x16 riser cables so I can shift into 6 x GPUs per system. I'm going to run out of amperage at that point, which is going to be fun - I've already tripped the power 4 times already... I wonder how many times I can do it until I perfectly balance all of my systems perfectly... soon, I hope.
For now, I hope you've enjoyed this brief guide on Ethereum mining and the first phase of setting it up. Trust me, there's a flood coming... cryptocurrency is the future, and it excites me beyond words, power bills, and costs of time and set up. I hope you've had fun, and please - do let me know about your personal cryptocurrency mining adventures in the comments below!
This is 0x0fA64cab16c2cA443Bea9255eE0a8Fc53ff67fb3 signing off.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Intro + Choosing An Ethereum Wallet]
- Page 2 [Let's Find You A Mining Pool]
- Page 3 [Mining Software]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- Interview and Product Tour With Lian Li's Jameson Chen
- MSI says AMD Radeon RX Vega 'needs a lot of power'
- Titanfall 2 enjoys strong 1 million MAU count
- WB Games opens New York studio for live service support
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced