- The Package
PowerColor changed the design of their box a bit back and I can say that we aren't a huge fan of the new style. While it's smaller the constant black throughout the line up isn't quite as happy feeling as some of the other boxes we see. The design is quite basic with not a lot happening on the front and just the main features of the card being mentioned.
In this case we have Dual DVI, 256MB DDR3 256-bit memory along with a few more specifications on the other side.
The back is very similar in information as we have on the front, the slightly extended specifications in a multiple of languages, what the board supports along with a little spiel on what the X800GT is.
On the inside we have an S-Video cable, RCA cable, RCA to S-Video adapter and a DVI to VGA connector.
The only paper work side of things we find on the inside is the manual which we will find ourselves shoving to the side.
On the software side of things we have our driver CD, Cyberlink DVD solution package and a copy of Pacific Fighters a 2CD slight simulation game from Ubisoft.
It is nice to have a full version game inserted into the bundle which will go down well with many since the card is still quite cheap.
- The Card
Moving over to the card we have a nice cooler that covers up a vast amount of the card including the memory. Thanks to the slightly larger fan it doesn't have to spin at a ridiculously high RPM which helps keep the noise level down to a minimum.
Turning over it is disappointing to see that PowerColor haven't used some memory sinks to cover the back of the card. Cooling the front isn't that useful when the back doesn't get cooled.
Moving to the side of the card it is nice to see that PowerColor have implemented a Dual DVI design. This is good news for people who run multiple LCDs which utilize a DVI connection as you don't have to buy an expensive card like the X800XL to get use out of them.
The PowerColor X800GT follows a very standard design that we have seen over and over again. PowerColor are using the standard 486/500MHz core and memory speed that is the standard clock speed for X800GT cards.
* Latest Pricing of the Radeon X800GT *
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance