Graphics Card Overclocking
Thanks to motherboard and VGA manufactures, overclocking has become such an effortless task, giving literally anyone the chance to overclock their components with very little risk.
When it comes to overclocking graphics card we use and recommend two program - for ATI cards you can't go past ATI Tool and if you're on the other side of the fence and using an nVidia card the Coolbits 2 registry hack is it. Both programs offer an Auto Overclock feature which is what we use.
The PowerColor X800GT was increased from 486MHz on the core to 535MHz and 500MHz on the memory to 508MHz. Other media have reported the PowerColor X800GT to be a brilliant overclocker but our particular test sample didn't overclock very well.
The HIS X800GT was increased from 500MHz on the core to 605MHz and 500MHz on the memory to 610MHz. As you can see, we had much more luck overclocking the HIS card over the PowerColor card
The HIS card gets an excellent performance increase with the overclock while the PowerColor card lags behind a little bit due to the overclock being a lot smaller.
Again thanks to the big overclock on the HIS card the performance increase seen in Doom 3 is excellent.
Far Cry sees very little performance gains with the graphics card overclocking.
* Latest Pricing of the Radeon X800GT *
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader