Graphics Card Overclocking
Thanks to motherboard and VGA manufactures, overclocking has become such an effortless task, giving literally anyone the chance to overclock their components with very little risk.
When it comes to overclocking graphics card we use and recommend two program - for ATI cards you can't go past ATI Tool and if you're on the other side of the fence and using an nVidia card the Coolbits 2 registry hack is it. Both programs offer an Auto Overclock feature which is what we use.
The PowerColor X800GT was increased from 486MHz on the core to 535MHz and 500MHz on the memory to 508MHz. Other media have reported the PowerColor X800GT to be a brilliant overclocker but our particular test sample didn't overclock very well.
The HIS X800GT was increased from 500MHz on the core to 605MHz and 500MHz on the memory to 610MHz. As you can see, we had much more luck overclocking the HIS card over the PowerColor card
The HIS card gets an excellent performance increase with the overclock while the PowerColor card lags behind a little bit due to the overclock being a lot smaller.
Again thanks to the big overclock on the HIS card the performance increase seen in Doom 3 is excellent.
Far Cry sees very little performance gains with the graphics card overclocking.
* Latest Pricing of the Radeon X800GT *
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now