After all is said and done, we have a slight increase in our higher end cards this time around and one would tend to assume that this is due to the Radeon X1800 series (R520) coming out soon as ATI are going to squeeze as much performance out as possible.
Gigabyte RADEON X700 Pro
When reading the release notes we didn't think it was going to be much more then another bug fix driver with a load of fixes being concentrated on in the Catalyst Control Center. While we wouldn't say this is one of the best releases as of late, we would say it's one of the more notable ones as it's nice to see a few extra (free) frames and 3DMarks on the higher end cards and the newly released X550 also gets a slight bump in performance.
This driver is certainly worth using - tons of fixes and worthwhile performance increases have been seen. If you haven't already downloaded it, head over to ATI (links below) and make your way to their download page. You can let us know your opinions about the new driver in our forums, if you wish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset