Memory technology in computers is one that has not changed in terms of a technology standpoint for about 10 years now. While we are looking at memory that is over 10 times faster, we are still dealing with technology based on Synchronous Dynamic RAM.
DDR SDRAM, while not the latest in technology compared to DDR-2, it is the still the most widely used memory thanks to Intel's I865 series chipsets and AMD Athlon 64 based processors - these are the two biggest reasons DDR has become such a big thing and still is to this day.
DDR, as many know was the first evolution jump in SDRAM technology, using both the rising and falling edges of the clock cycles, data was able to transmit 2x per clock cycle instead of 1x. This lead to a doubling of the overall bandwidth, which has benefited the Intel Pentium 4 in Dual Channel setups after the debunking of RDRAM as the memory of choice many years ago now.
Today AMD Athlon 64 is the biggest user of DDR technology and as we have seen, the lower the latencies, the more the AMD64 platform thrives. Today we have three new dual channel kits into the test labs, all DDR-400 modules designed for the AMD64 platform.
Today we compare three different enthusiast modules from Crucial, Geil and Mushkin - how will they perform? Let's take a look and see.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017