Memory technology in computers is one that has not changed in terms of a technology standpoint for about 10 years now. While we are looking at memory that is over 10 times faster, we are still dealing with technology based on Synchronous Dynamic RAM.
DDR SDRAM, while not the latest in technology compared to DDR-2, it is the still the most widely used memory thanks to Intel's I865 series chipsets and AMD Athlon 64 based processors - these are the two biggest reasons DDR has become such a big thing and still is to this day.
DDR, as many know was the first evolution jump in SDRAM technology, using both the rising and falling edges of the clock cycles, data was able to transmit 2x per clock cycle instead of 1x. This lead to a doubling of the overall bandwidth, which has benefited the Intel Pentium 4 in Dual Channel setups after the debunking of RDRAM as the memory of choice many years ago now.
Today AMD Athlon 64 is the biggest user of DDR technology and as we have seen, the lower the latencies, the more the AMD64 platform thrives. Today we have three new dual channel kits into the test labs, all DDR-400 modules designed for the AMD64 platform.
Today we compare three different enthusiast modules from Crucial, Geil and Mushkin - how will they perform? Let's take a look and see.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20