Memory technology in computers is one that has not changed in terms of a technology standpoint for about 10 years now. While we are looking at memory that is over 10 times faster, we are still dealing with technology based on Synchronous Dynamic RAM.
DDR SDRAM, while not the latest in technology compared to DDR-2, it is the still the most widely used memory thanks to Intel's I865 series chipsets and AMD Athlon 64 based processors - these are the two biggest reasons DDR has become such a big thing and still is to this day.
DDR, as many know was the first evolution jump in SDRAM technology, using both the rising and falling edges of the clock cycles, data was able to transmit 2x per clock cycle instead of 1x. This lead to a doubling of the overall bandwidth, which has benefited the Intel Pentium 4 in Dual Channel setups after the debunking of RDRAM as the memory of choice many years ago now.
Today AMD Athlon 64 is the biggest user of DDR technology and as we have seen, the lower the latencies, the more the AMD64 platform thrives. Today we have three new dual channel kits into the test labs, all DDR-400 modules designed for the AMD64 platform.
Today we compare three different enthusiast modules from Crucial, Geil and Mushkin - how will they perform? Let's take a look and see.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20