Memory technology in computers is one that has not changed in terms of a technology standpoint for about 10 years now. While we are looking at memory that is over 10 times faster, we are still dealing with technology based on Synchronous Dynamic RAM.
DDR SDRAM, while not the latest in technology compared to DDR-2, it is the still the most widely used memory thanks to Intel's I865 series chipsets and AMD Athlon 64 based processors - these are the two biggest reasons DDR has become such a big thing and still is to this day.
DDR, as many know was the first evolution jump in SDRAM technology, using both the rising and falling edges of the clock cycles, data was able to transmit 2x per clock cycle instead of 1x. This lead to a doubling of the overall bandwidth, which has benefited the Intel Pentium 4 in Dual Channel setups after the debunking of RDRAM as the memory of choice many years ago now.
Today AMD Athlon 64 is the biggest user of DDR technology and as we have seen, the lower the latencies, the more the AMD64 platform thrives. Today we have three new dual channel kits into the test labs, all DDR-400 modules designed for the AMD64 platform.
Today we compare three different enthusiast modules from Crucial, Geil and Mushkin - how will they perform? Let's take a look and see.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis