I used the AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G for around a week with benchmarking and gaming but didn't have the time to get the full review written before I made yet another Australia / US trip tomorrow morning.
First impressions? Awesome.
GIGABYTE has shifted right into the AORUS brand perfectly with a solid line of gaming laptops, and now, the start of a new line of graphics cards - and of course, leading with the GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G. This card looks like a beast, performs like a beast, and is a beast.
I was splitting my time between multiple resolutions and games stress testing it out, where I gamed at:
- 2560x1440 @ 165Hz
- 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
- 3440x1440 @ 100Hz
I was playing H1Z1: King of the Kill, Overwatch, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and more - all without any problems. On my 1440p 165Hz display, I needed to turn down some of the graphics in games to hit 165FPS, but that's not something that should surprise you. On the 4K display, I didn't tweak any in-game visual settings and easily hit 60FPS - and the 3440x1440 panel had me changing just a few settings to maintain 100FPS.
My first impressions of the card are nothing but praise. It ran at under 65C the entire time I benchmarked and gamed on it, stayed virtually silent the entire time as well with the fans only spinning up a few times during benchmark runs.
The improved cooling technology that GIGABYTE has deployed on the AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G is good enough to keep the GP104 GPU cool - 65C is a great achievement under load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design