Test System Configuration
In order to determine how effective these coolers are, we choose the hottest running CPU we had at our labs, an Intel Pentium 4 3.6GHz 64-bit Prescott 2M core LGA775.
We've not only used the three water cooling kits in this roundup but the stock Intel cooler.
Processor: Intel Pentium 660 (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID 0
Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2-E Premium (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Professional XP SP2
(All temperatures listed in degrees Celsius - lower is better!)
Temperatures at Idle
Idle processor temperatures were taken with a Windows based software program and a thermal probe to ensure accurate results.
Here we let the system run at idle speeds for 30 minutes to get let the system stabilise after loading Windows XP as well as the thermal paste cure. Here we can see that Gigabyte's 3D Cooler manages to keep the CPU below 40 at idle, which is a great result for a Prescott based CPU.
Load Temperatures - Prime95
One of the best utilities to test the stability of your CPU is Prime95. This benchmark puts your CPU under constant 100% load to find any faults when overclocking your CPU, it also works great for testing full load temperatures. Prime was run for 24 hours on each cooler setup and the results are taken at the halfway point to determine heat readings.
Again Gigabyte's 3D Galaxy comes out in front by quite a few degrees.
Load Temperatures - 3DMark05
Using 3DMark05, we ran infinite loops over 24 hours to get the highest temperature readings we could.
The results speak for themselves.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched