Test System Configuration
In order to determine how effective these coolers are, we choose the hottest running CPU we had at our labs, an Intel Pentium 4 3.6GHz 64-bit Prescott 2M core LGA775.
We've not only used the three water cooling kits in this roundup but the stock Intel cooler.
Processor: Intel Pentium 660 (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID 0
Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2-E Premium (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Professional XP SP2
(All temperatures listed in degrees Celsius - lower is better!)
Temperatures at Idle
Idle processor temperatures were taken with a Windows based software program and a thermal probe to ensure accurate results.
Here we let the system run at idle speeds for 30 minutes to get let the system stabilise after loading Windows XP as well as the thermal paste cure. Here we can see that Gigabyte's 3D Cooler manages to keep the CPU below 40 at idle, which is a great result for a Prescott based CPU.
Load Temperatures - Prime95
One of the best utilities to test the stability of your CPU is Prime95. This benchmark puts your CPU under constant 100% load to find any faults when overclocking your CPU, it also works great for testing full load temperatures. Prime was run for 24 hours on each cooler setup and the results are taken at the halfway point to determine heat readings.
Again Gigabyte's 3D Galaxy comes out in front by quite a few degrees.
Load Temperatures - 3DMark05
Using 3DMark05, we ran infinite loops over 24 hours to get the highest temperature readings we could.
The results speak for themselves.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 update will use AI to fight cyberattacks
- Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus