It once was the hobby of enthusiasts with home made water blocks drilled out, radiators made from old Automatic Transmission coolers and aquarium pumps, today it is one of the most capitalised markets available, I am talking about the art of water cooling a PC.
Air cooling PC components has been the norm with processors both modern and past - while air cooling serves its purpose for stock speeds, when the realm of overclocking comes into it, air simply isn't enough. Water has the ability to remove 70% more heat from components as opposed to air and this is the reason that water cooling is used in machinery like car engines, simply because its ability to remove heat from a source is much greater. In fact, to cool a engine properly on air alone, the heat fins have to be massive - for instance, have a good look at a Porches 911 3.5L engine compared to something that uses water, you will notice the cooling setup is much smaller and will work a lot better especially under load.
The same can be said for water cooling a CPU, the size of the setup can be extremely small yet the transfer rate is that much more efficient, as water can hold more then 50% more heat and transfer it to a cooling source (radiator/heat exchanger) more efficiently.
Today we are taking a look at three kits that are currently on the market, and which one is the best setup for your rig. Here with us we have the Corsair Cool, Thermaltake Bigwater and Gigabyte 3D Galaxy water cooling kits but which one deserves the crown? Come with us and take a look.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance